The Mix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mix

All forms of RPG: WELCOME!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forget-Me-Not. ((Private//Howl's Moving Castle.))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LaylaRose_20

LaylaRose_20

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Forget-Me-Not. ((Private//Howl's Moving Castle.)) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forget-Me-Not. ((Private//Howl's Moving Castle.))   Forget-Me-Not. ((Private//Howl's Moving Castle.)) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:22 am

((ooc:Wow... that was amazing lol ^_^ I shall reply later I have to think of a reply to that descriptive rp.... -.-; ))
Back to top Go down
_Pop-Can_

_Pop-Can_

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Forget-Me-Not. ((Private//Howl's Moving Castle.)) Empty
PostSubject: Forget-Me-Not. ((Private//Howl's Moving Castle.))   Forget-Me-Not. ((Private//Howl's Moving Castle.)) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:52 pm

Forget-Me-Not. ((Private//Howl's Moving Castle.)) Howl-lillies
Roses are Red,
My eyes are Blue.

The world isn't Perfect,
But I think it's Terrific.

Ruled by my Fear,
I never shed a Tear.

But now I'm free,
Because, you see;
You helped me.

Sophie, my sun and sky,
My love for you will never die.

Love is not easily forgotten

The war was over, and about time too. How many people had to die for the security of one prince? True he was an important political figure and yet there were still too many loses on both ends for his sake. Howl never blamed him though, how could he? The poor Prince had been turned into a turnip sarcrow for crying out loud. The poor youth had enough to deal with as it was. But now, all Howl could think about was his beloved Sophie. The girl with the starlight hair.

Sophie had overcame so much pain, and all for him. Now that his heart was back from Calcifer, Howl swore Sophie had captured it once more. He would have given the world to that simple hat-maker if his powers allowed it. But for now, his little spit of paradise had to do. That little peace of heaven, the one with beautiful flowers that grew like weeds, belonged to Sophie and no one else. That was her kingdom, given to her out of love by Howl. His first of many acts to prove how much he cared for her. And boy, he still loved her. It sent his heart fluttering like a butterfly in the first signs of spring when he even thought of that girl. Love never dies..

It had been a little less than a month since the war had ended, every damaged village and city already going through resteration. Howl had to smile. So many lives would be starting over; just like Sophie and himself. So many houses would be made for new blooming families; his as well. Sophie had been doing alot to fix up his..their home. The one touch Howl loved the most? The bountiful amounts of flowers that brought light into every room. He was glad she loved those flowers, he was glad she loved him as well. Markl even seemed to like having flowers scattered every where; it brought so much life to his 'castle'. Calcifer didn't mind, so long as their petals weren't too close to his heat. What a shame it would be if they wilted because of him.

Sophie, Markl, and Heen had just left via the door, out to venture and gather more flowers to replace the old ones. It was nice to have silence every now and then. Howl sat at his desk across Calcifer's harth, merely skimming over old text books for spells he had long forgotten. Amongst the massive pile of various titled books was one bookmarked with a pressed flower. Howl blinked his radiant blue orbs once he caught sight of it and shoved aside the rest. "Whoa. It's been ages since I've seen this one." He blabbed aloud to Calcifer.

The lively flame was busy chewing on some wood but kept his eyes carefully placed on the back of Master Howls head. It had surprised the Fire Demon that the wizard had kept his hair jet black and yet, it was nice seeing the 'old' him. "What is it?" Called the Demon back with curiousity, setting aside what was left of the log.

"It's a journal I'd writen some years ago. I had originally started it for notes but changed my mind." By now the pages were fluttering beneath his thumb, his eyes searching the scribbles that was his handwritting. When the pages opened to the bookmark, a dusted over pale white lilly, Howl's lips streached across his features wildly. A laugh blurted out from deep in his stomach. He leaned back in his wooden chair still laughing as Calcifer gave him an odd look from behind. "Ahaha! I nearly forgotten about him!"

"Who's 'him'?"

Howl turned around in his chair, twisting just enough to look directly into the blaze of fire. "Faustus! He was a good friend of mine back in the day! I wonder how he's been..?" Yes, Faustus or as Howl often called him, Faust. When Howl was a student, merely training by himself, he had come across another pretty close to himself. The boy, Faust, had been a wizard in training but had high hopes of dabbling further into potions rather than magic itself. This had all been before Howl had ever caught Calcifer; such a long time ago. The more he thought of it, the more Howl felt sadden. Man, he had missed that dear friend of his but no where near how much he was missing Sophie right about now. He couldn't wait to tell her about Faust! Howls hear began to flutter again, mixing with the idea of Sophie and seeing Faust again.

He twisted back around toward the desk, now hovering over the small book of doodles and lost words. "...Perhaps I should visit him. He may not remember me however."

Calcifer had resumed his lunch as Howl pondered over old memories but kept high interest in the subject. "It's worth a try." He commented then took another heavty bite of bark. "I mean, if you two were such great friends, it's worth seeing for yourself." This only brought back the childish gleam that so ofte sparkled in Howl's shimmering pools of aquatic blue.

All at once Howl jerked to his feet, sending the chair behind him sliding backwards and loose papers shuddering. "That's it! I'm going to visit Faust!" Exclaimed the wizard, purely over joyed with this new adventure. So much excitment coursed through him, so much that he began to race around in search for who knows what. He dashed upstairs and snagged a clean white shirt and on his way back down the creeky steps, tossed aside the one he wore and threw the new one over his head. Howl came to an abrupt stop next to Calcifer adjusting his shirt before putting some more wood up for the Fire Demon. "Tell Sophie and Markl I'll be back soon. I hate to just leave them though." His voice died at the last sentance, his eyes casting down toward the Fire.

"Sophie will understand." Reassured Calcifer. "I'd hurry before it gets too late though." Howl smiled at Cal then headed for the door.

~~**~~

Howl reached Faust's small cabin within the hour but found himself standing absentmindedly infront of the door. It was open ajar but inside was a haze of darkness, not even Howl could see inside. "..Faust?" He called but once as he finally walked up to the door and opened it further. "Hey it's me, Howl...?" The door continued to open even without Howls aid, creeking and groaning as it did so. Howl was stunned. Though the only light that filtered through the room was behind him, it was enough to see the entire cabin in an uproar of papers, books and various other belongings.

"H-Howl...?" Echoed back a weak, strained voice. Its origin was unknown to the wizard as it seemed to bounce off every visible wall. "Howl...M-My friend..."

"So you are here." Howl said clearly as he ventured further inside. He had been looking for a means of light but wasn't too surprised when he found none. "You don't sound okay, Faust. Where are you hiding?" His search hardly even began when from the corner of his eye he caught sight of a mass of sable shadows shuffle. Standing erect Howl tried to see through the darkness but failed terribly.

"Here," Came Faust's dried voice once more from the bulk in the corner of the cabin. "Why..have you come...??"

Howl put his hands to his waist, unmoving in his firm stance. What he assumed to be Faust had taken him by surprise. The bulk seemed hunched over, possiby crippled with pain. "I thought it'd be nice to see an old friend." He replied, as if Faust should have easily guessed as much.

The shadows shuffled again, shifting almost uncomfortably with each sound Howl made. "I see. You haven't forgotten me then. That makes me...sad."

The wizard arched a brow. "Sad? Why is that, exactly?"

What sounded like laughter erupted from Faust and sent the shadows quivering. The laugh soon faded, turning into something resembling hacking and rough coughs. "Howl you have always been my friend but now," He paused to take in a deep, collecting breath of air. "...Now is not the best time to see me. I doubt I'll...ever be the same." He then stood straighter, his slender figure becoming more visible the longer Howl's eyes adjusted. "I'm glad, you've stayed the same at least..." The sound of a smile seemed to echo in his words.

Howl couldn't shake the sinking feeling he had gotten in the depths of his newly obtained heart as he listened to Faust. The feeling..made it feel like this was their last meeting. Was Faust implying that he was infact dying? Sure the boy had always been a sickly pale fellow but not once had Howl seen him fatally ill in those days. One hand parted from his waist as he further examined Faust from a distance, brow still perched high. "What exactly...are you saying Faust?"

"Heh, have you grown dim in the last few years." Faust then made a slow gesture, slowly approaching Howl. He hesitated when the light came in contact with his sable colored robes and yet he pushed foward with all his might. Once fully consumed by the suns light Howl took a step back and bore the look of utter shock. His long time friend, the man who wished to become a potion master...was no longer the face he remembered. Burning scarlet eyes stared unblinkingly at Howl's blue orbs; his skin was almost the hue of snow and his lips were like ashes. "You couldn't even see that...I've given myself to a Demon. Pathetic." Faust's voice had grown low now, nothing more than a dark rumble emitting from his chest.

"W-What?" Breathed Howl, trembling still from the shock. "Faust but,...but why? What drove you to do this?"

The man with dirt blond hair had turned his back entirely to Howl, had begun to shuffle away, but froze when Howl bothered to speak again. Again he stood straight as he replied. "Strength, power, knowledge and... everlasting life."

"Don't be foolish, my friend. No one lives forever..." The words stung at him after he said it. A fleeting image of smiling Sophie flickered through his mind. "Not even a Demon." This seemed to upset Faust and instinctively Howl drew back, closer to the door.

Faust began to tremble uncontrollably, lurching forward and to all sides, his hands hopelessly clawing at his temples as if to erase what he had just heard. "..Liar...Liar...Liar...LIAR!" He reeled around in a fit of fury, sending books and papers to scatter about the room. Those scarlet orbs were furious now, smoldering lava against the ice cold features of his face. "I AM NOT YOUR FRIEND. YOU NEVER CAME! YOU NEVER WROTE TO ME, NOTHING. WERE YOU TOO GOOD TO SAY HELLO TO AN OLD FRIEND, HOWL?!" He then seemed to collect himself with another deep, drawn in breath but the heat of his eyes remained. A frown fell over his lips. "I see. I see a young maiden in your life, Howl. Beautiful liquid silver hair....Would her name be Sophie by chance?" Howl didn't reply to this but merely gritted his teeth. "Tsk. Not a very good reason not to come and see me. I'm afraid I'll have to erase that." An uproar of energy suddenly began to ripple of Faust's body, his skin, his body, everything, began to squirm as he unleashed only an ounce of his magic, his Demonic art. Howl turned to run, knowing his powers wouldn't be enough alone to counter this magic, but as he reeled around he froze; Faust stood blocking his only means of escape. "Not without a parting gift, my dear, dear friend..."

There was a sharp pain just then. It coursed through his body like a thousand knives that left no trace of existance. As he tried to call out he found he was voiceless. He tried countless times and failed each time. It all came to an end with the world suddenly fading into oblivion around him. "...Sophie..." Breathed Howl one last time before he fell entirely to the darkness...

~~**~~

The smell of flowers was what woke the young wizard from his slumber. They were beautiful smelling, a smell he imagined heaven would be like. His eyes slowly came around to opening, slowly coming to focus. The first thing he saw was the blazing azure sky; breathless and beautiful. Howl smiled at the sight. "Mmm... What a...rough night." He muttered as he streached on the ground, his body simply loving the warmth of the sun. "..Wonder where I am.." Bringing himself to sit up right he saw the layout of the land; unnaturally beautiful. He was surrounded by countless flowers. Bright starry blue eyes turned this way and that as he continued to take in the landscape but upon seeing two approaching figures, he blinked in confusion. There was a small child with what he assumed was a young girl, a girl with amazing silver hair...

((ooc: Faust is an original character of mine...Lol just letting everyone know so they don't get mad lol. Based from the movie since I have yet to read the book. I want to though!! Private thread! Dunka))
Forget-Me-Not. ((Private//Howl's Moving Castle.)) Howlwall
Back to top Go down

Forget-Me-Not. ((Private//Howl's Moving Castle.))
Page 1 of 1