The Mix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mix

All forms of RPG: WELCOME!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

War Zone Student

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Elvenimp

Elvenimp

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-01-19

War Zone Student - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:40 pm

"That's pretty nice." Sam said and smiled a little to herself. Her mother and father had let her go off on her own. They would help her if she needed it but she had a job and an apartment. It was small and not very pretty to look at but it was her own place. She didn't like living on campus and had decided to move. She had been living in her new place for about three months and thought it was a decent start for herself. "Do you know anybody here?" She asked and drank more of her sweet smelling coffee.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass

Angel_Lass

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:43 am

"Corpral." he said.

"I get 300 a month spending cash- free room and board so its nothing to sneeze at really." he said.

Food was paied for already- only 50 dollars for a basic cell phone plan and his insurance was only 78 dollars a month because of his training. it left him with 200+ pocket cash to do as he pleased.
Back to top Go down
Elvenimp

Elvenimp

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:58 am

"Cool, cool." Sam said and leaned back in her chair, enjoying her coffee. She took a big gulp even though it was quite hot and then wrinkled her nose some. It wasn't because it was too hot but because the cinnamon she had put in it was causing the coffee to tingle in her mouth every time she took a drink. It was a funny feeling but it helped her concentrate when she needed it or even wake up if she had to get up fast. She notice that he didn't seem to interested in anything she did or said and it didn't bother her much, not many people normally were interested in her unless she counted people trying to be her friend because they knew she was somewhat rich. She was glad that most people found her usually boring but she was kind of interested in him. "I'm sorry if I'm bothering you but what's your rank?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass

Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:28 pm

"I dont remember any of their names... varius news stations, FOX, NBC, CNN, CNBC, who knows any more?" he sipped his coffee.

She seemed more intrested in, well, anything ut her, not once meeting her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Elvenimp

Elvenimp

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:08 pm

Sam smiled at him and said, "Thanks." As she sat down in the chair he had pulled out for her. She then looked at him brightly. "That's a good thing. It would be helpful. Thanks for telling me but may I ask who all had interviewed you?" She asked almost as if she was really eager. If he said Tony Terrace then she would almost laugh. She would almost be surprised if he had been interview by her dad but then again her father took every job he got. It was why most people knew his name. She could have gone to a real expensive school but Sam hadn't wanted to be treated like a spoiled brat. She really wasn't and her father had taken a great deal of time to make it so that she wasn't. "My dad is a pretty famous journalist and it would be kind of humorous if he had interviewed you. That's the reason for me asking if you were curious." She then said almost in a blurted manner.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass

Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:46 am

"He didnt." he said and walked to a table, pulling the seat out for her with one hand before sitting in his own.

"Google my name and you can find a few past interrviews." he advised. "Incase later you find out you missed something."
Back to top Go down
Elvenimp

Elvenimp

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:43 am

" That's a good thing then." Sam said and smirked slightly at the fact that his glasses steamed up some. She watched him take a drink of his coffee and not put anything in it while she pulled out a small zip lock back out of a pocket in her skirt. The contents were a reddish brown and when the bag opened, the thick smell of pure cinnamon filled the area surrounding her. She poured a little in her coffee and picked up a spoon that she had grabbed from earlier to stir it. "Do you want the long version or the short." She said to try and be a little humorous. "My teacher doesn't like me and always gives me the stupid interviews. Everyone always declines and I guess he thought that if he gave me you that I would give up. I don't think he counted on you actually agreeing to it." She knew that her teacher didn't like her because of who her father was. Her teacher was jealous of her father and didn't want Sam to become like him.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass

Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:03 pm

"Better than it treats some people." he replied, taking a sip of his coffee. the steam lightly fogged one side of his glasses, though it cleared as soon as he took the cup away.

Not many people could drink coffee black like that. No sugar or cream and it was pipping hot. Either he was used to it- or he really wanted some cafine.

"How did you get stuck interviewing me?" he inquired.
Back to top Go down
Elvenimp

Elvenimp

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:55 pm

"That's a useful talent." Sam said and then followed him to line. She watched him get two coffees and figured one was for her. He was a nice guy, at least when it came to chivalry. Being as observant as she was, Sam noticed his hands shaking. She thought for a moment and figured that he did say he was in the reserves and their had been a lot of rumors going around about him. She really hadn't heard any except for the ones she had been told before she was sent to interview him. After he had paid, Sam asked, "How's live been treating you?"

Last edited by Elvenimp on Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass

Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:31 pm

"I can speak the slang from some of the countries." he said. "and a little French."

He made his way onto the line, getting money out to get himself a coffee and her one as well. It was just habit. if a lady was having a conversation with you and you were getting yourself something- out of common curtisy you buy them one as well.

Shilvery might not have been dead after all.

his hands shook slightly as he cointed coin out. He couldnt possibly shoot a gun like that.... So the rumors of him being a sniper were out.
Back to top Go down
Elvenimp

Elvenimp

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:23 pm

War Zone Student - Page 2 22498215
Sam nodded her and wrote it down. "That's a decent amount of places." She said and smiled at him for holding the door for her. "Thank you." She then said and then thought about all of the places she had been. Almost all of Europe and parts of China were all the places she had been to, including Australia and the islands around them. "This isn't part of the interview but do you speak any languages other than English?" She asked and figured that he might because of where he had been.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass

Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:29 pm

"I wouldnt call the middle east exotic..." he said frowning. "But ive been to russia, germany, iraq, iran, and parts of egypt."

He opened the door and held it for her,
Back to top Go down
Elvenimp

Elvenimp

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:52 pm

War Zone Student - Page 2 22498214
Sam looked at him for a moment and then shrugged her shoulders and wrote all of the info down. It looked like he was heading to the school cafe and she smiled a little to herself. The chocolate chip cookies were the best thing she had bothered to try their. She then tried to determine which of her two questions to ask him next. She didn't say much for a little while and then asked, "You can answer to either of these questions. Where is the exotic place you have been or What do you plan on doing after you get out of school?" She couldn't decide which to ask although she thought the first one was somewhat silly. Sam noticed him glance behind him but she payed no mind. If she was on a job she wasn't going to talk about unnecessary things. Maybe afterwords she would because he seemed like an interesting character but if he didn't want to talk then she would just leave.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass

Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:09 pm

"No need." he said. "Right now Im in the reserves- off duty." he was apparently headding to the school cafe. "Im majoring in Psyc."He kept his answers brief and to the point, answering her questions fully enough so she wouldnt have to press on- but not enough to really give any reason behind them.

He reached up and stratened his glasses, glancing back. Noone was following him out of the class... so apparently his little outburst wasnt enough to cause a riot.
Back to top Go down
Elvenimp

Elvenimp

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 9:05 am

War Zone Student - Page 2 22498213

Sam smiled and looked up to the sky for a moment, sighing. She did fallow him after writing down his answer. When she cause up to him she looked over to him and then asked, "What are you majoring in?" She loved finding out things about people but she wasn't one of those nasty interviewers who always twisted what they said to something that was unexceptionably wrong. The interview was a short on, only four questions long and she didn't like being told to go do a pointless interview. She wanted to do something important. She was annoyed even though she needed it. Another thing that was bothering her was that they had told her nothing about him other than his name and had given her a picture. If she asked him a question that offended him she would feel bad and probably loose the interview. Sam notice he was about a foot taller than her and she noticed how he walked but thought nothing of it. "They wanted me to ask you if you were ever in the military but I think at least from what I've heard that no matter what you say, they will think you were in it. So... I'm going to ask a different question." She then said and gave him a little smile.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass

Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:10 am

he frowned a bit, eyeing her oddly for a moment before sighing. "I came here because it was free." he said, shifting his bag as he began to walk. He had been interviewed a few times before... mostly anoying reporters asking how he 'handled' himself back home as opposed to when he was on the field.

He knew she would follow.

he was tall, ut not overly so. About six foot even. His walk wasnt very milintan, leaning abit too much to one side with every other step. It wouldnt have been noticable at all really if everyone in the school didnt think he was some sort of super sniper for the army.
Back to top Go down
Elvenimp

Elvenimp

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:10 pm

War Zone Student - Page 2 22498212

Sam could tell that he didn't like the idea of an interview and sighed, stopping when he did. "Honestly, I don't know. They gave me an assignment and I think it's just because I'm new." She said truthfully but then said with a small smile. "I just need to ask you a few questions. It's nothing to personal and I won't tell anyone if you lie. I promise. An example would be why did you choose this college?" She said and she was sincere about not telling anyone if he was lying because she had confidence that she would be able to tell. "Please I need this for my grade and It won't take to much time." She then said. Her pen and paper were in two different hands. She was a lefty which was weird to some people but she thought of it as unlucky since most people could also see her scars while she was writing. She gave him a small smile again and hoped he would say yes to the interview. She really did need this for her grade because everyone she was supposed to interview always declined and she guessed that they had given her one last chance.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass

Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:39 pm

Thats fine Smile

Thomas frowned and stopped. when she said interview he imediatly looked for a way to get out of it. Unable to find one imediatly he looked down at her with an obviously painstakingly forced smile. "Interview... about what?" he inquired, not yet saying yes or not to her request.

It haddnt been his choice to go to the college- it had been his comanding officers... hed been given an honorable discharge- stuck with a gimp leg and breathing issues... he couldnt serve on the field- but the sergant had assured him that with a college degree he coudl serve in another way.
Back to top Go down
Elvenimp

Elvenimp

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 4:19 pm

War Zone Student - Page 2 22498211

Sam had been given an assignment that consisted of interviewing one guy. She didn't know why she was given this assignment but guessed it was because she was new. It was her first year of college and she had enjoyed it. Mainly the part that she got to execute what she had always wanted to do. Journalism and Photography. They were her main passions and it helped that her father was internationally renowned journalist. He had traveled all around the world and she went with him most of the time. He honed her senses of detecting if someone was lying and he also taught her to ask in the way that would usually get her what she wanted. Sam never really abused this knowledge but she did use it when she needed to.

Sam had a camera around her neck and would stop every once in a while to take a picture that she thought would be good. Her right hand gripped a small note book and pen and her left hand was clenched into a fist. She usually kept that hand clenched because of what was marked on the inside of her palm. She had been attacked while in high school and her attack had almost managed to kill her. He had slashed open her left wrist and had carved a heart into the palm of her left hand. She tried not to think about it much and was almost ashamed of the marks.

She stopped to take a photo of a tree, the sunlight was coming through the limbs just perfectly, and heard commotion coming out of the building behind her. She turned around and saw a man walk out. Sam recognized the guy as the one she had to interview and walked up after him. "Thomas!" She called out and then ran up to him. "Hi my name is Sam and I'm supposed to interview you for the paper." She was forward about why she was talking to him and she didn't like to beat around the bush when it came to an assignment. She wiped some of her dark brown hair out of her eyes to reveal a set of piercing blue eyes and then flashed him a friendly smile.

(May I join? I hope this is alright. Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass

Angel_Lass

PostSubject: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 5:25 pm

stay down!" a man shouted as explosions went off all around.the youngest of the group lay low with his hands over his head eyes open and classes cracked. he cursed and grabbed his gun and stood up with the others rushing the building as fire came form it. he winced as he felt a bullet hit his vest and kept going.
"Hold up!" a blonde man said and grabbed his shoulder yanking him back and turning over, landing ontop of him as a granade went off and sent both men flying into a wall- the youngest going unconchious imediatly as his head bashed into the stone and he fell to the ground.

When he came to he looked around groggily. everything was blured and he realised he didnt have his glassesanymore. then he realised somethign else. the shooting was all over.
He winced feeling someone jab his neck with somethign cold. he froze realising what it was. a barrel of a gun. his heart raced and he tried to look back, but had his neck roughly snapped back to the possission it had been in. he gritted his teeth hearing many men shout in a forign language. looking to his right he saw three other men with hoods over their heads. his heart sank and he felt something before everything went dark, a sack now over his head also.
Thats when it happened. rappid fire reached his ears and he was knocked over his shoulder shot. he cried out and knocked hte man behin dhim over. the man fired his gun and shot himself, killing him.
Quickly thomas ried to get his hands free. once he had and pulled the bag off of his head and grabed ht emans gun. before he knew what happened though a heavy weight fell onto his back. he looked back and his eyes widened.... it was another man- one form his group.he backed up and triped fallin gover eyes wide.... he had no head.... he had been decapatated.......

[inspired by cold- when angles fly away]

-------------------------

Thomas sat slently as the class went on. he was the newist addition to the class-and so not much was known about him. rumors had spread that he had been in war and come home after a serious injury or found out that he had lied his age to get into the services- but he seemed fine in a physical sence. though he did seem dull. he didnt interact withthe other students and mostly kept to himself, even avoided groups in lunch or guy class. He'd been seen a few times outside smoking though as he read a book. it always seemed to be the same book though- a small leather bound one.
When the bell rang he packed up his things when someoen rested their hand on his shoulder. "hey budd-"
the ext moment the student was flat on his back, thomas' foot hovering over his neck. well- that got a few peoples attention. his eyes were wide for a moment before he calmed and put his foot down- muttering a quiet apology before pickinghis bag up and leavin the class without meeting anyones eyes.

[NOTE: its college]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War Zone Student   War Zone Student - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War Zone Student
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mix :: Role Play :: Present Day-
Jump to: